SLIMDESIGN develops consumer electronics for multinationals and ambitious start-ups. We are based in Amsterdam within walking distance from the central station.
For multinational clients like Samsung, Panasonic, and Fujitsu, as well as for ambitious start-ups, we create prototypes to validate ideas, and when successful we can bring them to production. The projects we work on are very versatile and a combination of design, mechanical engineering, electronics, and mobile application. To develop these products efficiently, we work in multidisciplinary teams where design, hard, and software are developed simultaneously.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for an expert in the following field:
Embedded Electronics Engineer (hard and software)
- Advanced product development of high-volume household appliances, IoT devices, cameras, and wearables.
- Work together in a team of experts to develop ideas from concept through a structured product development process into mass production.
- Cooperating with software development engineers, technicians, testing department, electronic component suppliers, and Asian contract manufacturers.
- Communication with the team, client, external experts, prototypers, and manufacturing partners.
- Managing the project status (cost, schedule, risk, quality, etc..) and technical information.
- Help to find solutions, specify, select, and source chipsets and components.
- Create a bill of materials to communicate with manufacturing partners and to calculate cost price and the product volume.
- Help to define the product structure and component layout.
- Create development board setups to validate all functionalities.
- Design and develop prototype PCBs to work in the functional and cosmetic prototypes.
- Validate and test the prototypes, optimize and solve issues.
- Write firmware and manage the communication protocols.
- Keep track of the technology trends and evolution, spot opportunities and help develop a vision.
- Support strategy sessions to help companies improve their competitive edge.
- 5-year design experience within a relevant industry.
- A broad range of experience ideally with all-around electronic design skills and software/firmware knowledge.
- Knowledge and experience with high-volume / low-cost manufacturing processes and materials.
- Strong knowledge of Analogue and Digital Design including:
- Embedded firmware/software, Programmable logic
- PCB design, Design for EMC, schematic capture and simulation.
- RF design and wireless technology and protocols (LTE/Wifi/BT/GPS).
- Battery management and charging systems.
- Image sensors and communication protocols
- Self-motivation with a high degree of creativity and initiative, able to work independently.
- Lateral thinking with the ability to provide realistic and innovative design solutions.
- Excellent verbal (English and/or Dutch), written, and presentation skills.
- Occasional international travel may be required.
- A wide variety of different projects for famous clients.
- Create products that will help the lives of many people.
- You get the opportunity to push the boundaries of innovation and technology.
- Working hands-on in a multidisciplinary team with no management and politics.
- Competitive salary, lunch, drinks etc.
If you are interested please send an email to email@example.com
(please only apply if you have an EU working permit)