SLIMDESIGN develops consumer electronics for multinationals and ambitious start-ups. We are based in Amsterdam within walking distance from the central station.
We create concepts, prototypes, and validate ideas for multinational clients like Samsung, Panasonic, and Fujitsu, as well as for ambitious start-ups. When successful we bring these products into production. The projects we work on are very versatile and a combination of design, mechanical engineering, electronics, and mobile application. We work as a multidisciplinary team where design, hardware, and software are developed simultaneously. This ensures we develop these products efficiently.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for an expert in the following field:
Embedded Software Engineer / IoT Developer
- Advanced product development of high-volume household appliances, IoT devices, cameras, and wearables.
- Help to create solutions, specify, select, and source chipsets and components.
- Write firmware and manage the communication protocols.
- Validate and test the prototypes, optimize and solve issues.
- Define and build cloud architecture/software solutions (AWS or Azure)
- Create preliminary applications and API’s to test the basic functionalities and UX.
- Managing the project status (cost, schedule, risk, quality, etc..) and technical information.
- Work together within a team of experts to develop ideas from concept, through a structured product development process, into mass production.
- Communication within the team, and with external stakeholders like clients, external experts, prototypers, and manufacturing partners.
- Keep track of the technology trends and evolution, spot opportunities and help develop a vision.
- Support strategy sessions to help companies improve their competitive edge.
- 5-year design experience within a relevant industry.
- A broad range of experience ideally with all-around electronic design skills and software/firmware knowledge.
- Self-motivated with a high degree of creativity and initiative, able to work independently.
- Lateral thinking with the ability to provide realistic and innovative design solutions.
- Excellent verbal (English and preferably Dutch), written, and presentation skills.
- Occasional international travel may be required.
- Strong knowledge of Analog and Digital Design including:
- Embedded firmware/software, Programmable logic
- RF design and wireless technology and protocols (LTE/Wifi/BT/GPS).
- Battery management and charging systems.
- Image sensors and communication protocols
At SLIMDESIGN we offer:
- One of the most ambitious jobs, when you are into consumer electronics.
- Work on a wide variety of different projects for famous clients.
- Create products that will help the lives of many people.
- You get the opportunity to push the boundaries of innovation and technology.
- Working hands-on in a multidisciplinary team with no management and politics.
- A competitive salary.
Drop us a line, when this sounds like the dream job to you!
PS 1: Only apply if you are legible to work in the Netherland (sorry)
PS 2: Acquisition is not appreciated