SLIMDESIGN was founded to do the thing we love: designing great products that we are proud of and having fun in the process. Everybody is encouraged to express their interest in the kind of projects they would like to work on, so we can focus our acquisition and internal projects accordingly. To attract great projects and to provide the best service possible, we hold a shared commitment to continuously improve the knowledge, expertise, and quality of the studio.
We develop consumer electronics, home appliances, and Internet of Things devices. We strive to bring our designs to their bare essence and use an integrated development process. It allows us to develop complex products fast and efficiently from idea to production. We do this for companies like Samsung, Panasonic, Philips, Nike, and ambitious start-ups.
We have cultivated a lean and integrated development process that fuses design, mechanical and electrical engineering, and software together. To do this we have a multidisciplinary team of hands-on experts, without project managers. Our aim is to take on increasingly exciting and challenging projects as opposed to expanding the studio size or generating additional annual revenue. To support this ethos we don’t focus on billable hours and are happy when everybody earns an acceptable wage.
We are looking for a design nerd that can bring something extra to the table and is a joy to have on the team. Are you the experienced all-round Industrial Designer we need?
- A fun, social, creative, proactive, and independent with a positive attitude
- Extremely motivated and have a passion for design and technology
- European citizen or in possession of an EU work- and residence permit
- A technical design education and knowledge of production technics
- Strong sense of design (and engineering) with a clear methodical approach
- A ‘minimalistic’ design style where the form is used to improve the functionality
- Excellent hand drawings, photoshop visualizations, and CAD rendering skills
- Expert knowledge of SolidWorks, KeyShot, and Adobe programs
- Affinity with electronic products and the Internet of Things
- Experience with UX/UI and App design
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the development of consumer products
- Take care of the communications with the client and project management
- Redefine the brief, create a product strategy and do the analysis
- Create technically feasible ideas, concepts, and product configurations
- Define the technical construction and select the ideal production methods
- Engineer the individual parts and manage the tool production
- Finalize the detailing and define the Colour, Materials, and Finishes
- A great and flexible work environment in the center of Amsterdam
- Work with a team of experts on a large variety of meaningful products
- Satisfaction and fun in your work (our projects are not managed by the hour)
- A competitive salary
You can apply by sending an e-mail (up to 10MB) with your CV and portfolio to email@example.com
Sorry to say we can only hire people with European citizenship or working permit. Please do not apply without it.