SLIMDESIGN develops consumer electronics, home appliances, and Internet of Things devices for companies like Samsung, Panasonic, Philips, Nike, and ambitious start-ups.
Ambitious Tech Start-up
A successful internal project has grown into a separate start-up. The company has funding, clients, and a working prototype. It is a small electronic device that works with an app. For this project, we are looking for a hands-on, all-around technical expert that can lead the embedded electronics, firmware, back-end, and app development and bring it successfully to mass production (50K pcs).
- Extremely motivated and have a passion for design, electronics, and technology.
- Entrepreneurial-minded, independent, self-steering, eager to find out how, and want to make sure the job gets done.
- Hands-on, a quick learner, and happy to take on new activities outside your comfort zone.
- A fun, social, creative, proactive person with a positive attitude.
- A background in Electronic Engineering, Embedded Systems, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Experience in hard- and software development, prototyping, and mass production of consumer electronics.
- Knowledge of supply chain, sourcing, procurement, quality control, and certification of electronic products.
- Participate hands-on in your field of expertise as a contributing team member.
- Redefine the design brief and requirements and create the development strategy.
- Lead the technical hardware design (component and technology selection).
- Lead the development of the full stack web/mobile applications and back-end with a variety of coding languages.
- Manage the activities of the team members (internal and external)
- Set and manage deadlines, implement quality standards, and validation protocols.
- Find, select and take care of the communications and negotiations with partners and suppliers.
- Manage the prototyping, production, test procedures, and certifications.
- A great, open, and flexible work environment in the center of Amsterdam.
- Work with a small very capable multidisciplined R&D team on a large variety of meaningful products.
- A healthy lunch.
- Create a product and service that will benefit lots of people.
- A competitive salary.
We have cultivated a lean and integrated development process that fuses design, mechanical and electrical engineering, and software. To do this we have a multidisciplinary team of hands-on experts. It allows us to develop complex products fast and efficiently from idea to production. Our strength is our focus on the final production, and we often work with Original Design Manufacturers to reduce the development time and cost.
You can apply by sending an e-mail with your CV and examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org. Name the subject of your email: “Application – Senior Embedded Software Engineer / CTO – YOUR NAME”
To be eligible for this vacancy you will need European citizenship or a working permit. Please do not apply without it.
If you are an intermediary or a recruitment agency please don’t contact us for unsolicited services or offers.